Ironwood Group Campgound is located in the San Bernardino Mountains, near the town of Fawnskin, CA, at an elevation of 6,637 feet. Ironwood Group campground is situated in a pine forest with a meadow. Restrooms and trash collection are provided. There is no water on site.
The nearest water is available at Big Pines Flat Campground. The nearest showers are at Serrano Campground. Markets and restaurants are available in Fawnskin (seven miles). Popular activities in the area include boating, fishing and swimming at Big Bear Lake. Please check for current fire restrictions with the Discovery Center: 909-866-3437.
Things To Do:
- Mountain biking
- Target shooting
- Fire Rings
- Picnic Tables
- Vault Toilets
Reservations must be made at least 4 days in advance. No refunds are given for bad weather. No extra vehicles can be accommodated at this site. Available water is limited. Please fill up RVs/trailers before coming to the campground. Public phone: 909-866-3437 Discovery Center 909-382-2790.
Ironwood Group Camp (CA)
Phone Park for More Information: (909)866-3437
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
Take I-10 east (State Hwy 330) to Running Springs, CA. Take State Hwy 18 to Big Bear Lake Dam. Do not cross Dam. Go straight on SH-38 to Fawnskin and left on Rim of the World Drive (3N14) for 6.1 miles. Turn left, then right on 3N97 for a short distance to the campground.
- Camping in Grays Peak Group Camp – San Bernardino National Forest, CA
- Camping in Green Spot Equestrian Group Camp – San Bernardino National Forest, CA
- Camping in Big Pine Equestrian Group Campground – San Bernardino National Forest, CA
- Camping in Buttercup Group Camp – San Bernardino National Forest, CA
- Camping in Bluff Mesa Group Camp – San Bernardino National Forest, CA