Angora Lake Upper is gorgeous, with clear, blue water, backed by a granite wall that leads to Angora and Echo peaks. It has been occasionally stocked with fingerling brook trout. The fishing is typically poor. It is more popular for rowing around with your sweetheart for an hour, or for children, jumping off boulders into the lake. The upper lake has the best fishing for small trout caught trolling or casting lures. Because the water is so clear, they often only bite when the lake is shaded at dawn and dusk, and they go into lockjaw mode when sunlight is on the water.
Before fishing in Angora Lake Upper you should consult with local guides and regulations. Fishermen who have fished at Angora Lake Upper are encouraged to post reviews of the Angora Lake Upper Fish types and any images they want to share with others.
Things To Do:
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
- Camping in Upper Billy Creek Cg – Sierra National Forest, CA
- Camping in Upper Stony Creek Campground – Sequoia National Forest, CA
- Camping in Upper Oso Campground – Los Padres National Forest, CA
- Camping in Upper Sage Flat – Inyo National Forest, CA
- Camping in Upper Little Truckee – Tahoe National Forest, CA